• 1 slice gluten-free toast (we used
Food for Life China Black Rice)
• 3-5 medium shiitake mushrooms
• 1 cup spinach (definitely organic,
spinach is in the Dirty Dozen)
• 2 slices bacon (organic, antibiotic
and growth hormone free,
• 1⁄4-1⁄2 avocado
• 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
(ideally from grass fed cows)
• Sea salt, black pepper, other spices
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place bacon in the oven. You can use a broiling rack or pan with wire rack to minimize bacon
grease. Cook for 15 minutes or to your desired consistency.
3. Begin sautéing shiitakes on low-medium heat in 1⁄2 tbsp of butter. When soft (about 3
minutes), add spinach and sauté for another 1-2 minutes until spinach is just wilted.
4. After your bread is toasted, top with butter and smeared avocaso. Then add bacon and top it
off with veggies.